Support Professionals’ Questions Answered | New Mac Update
As you may have heard, we’re releasing a major update to Sonocent Audio Notetaker for Mac.
Below is some useful information about the update for anyone who supports students with the Mac version of our software. If you have further questions, feel free to email us on email@example.com.
Why is the update good news for students?
The forthcoming Mac update includes a host of new features previously only available to Windows’ users. This includes a user-friendly software interface that makes it easy for students to create and utilise richly detailed projects.
When will the update be available?
The Mac update will be available to new users from 9th January.
How can students get the update?
They (or their provider of assistive technology) simply need to download the software, as they do currently. Existing users will receive an in-software notification about the update in the next few weeks, and they can also download it from the 9th at sonocent.com/get
Which version of MacOS will it work with?
The update is compatible with MacOS 10.9 and later.
What should students do if they have an older version of MacOS?
Previous versions of our software can be downloaded here.
Will existing users have to pay for the update?
No. All our updates are free to existing users.
What new features will the update include?
The update includes many of the features that you’ll be familiar with from the Windows’ version:
• A NEW Home Tab: create and manage projects with a few clicks
• A NEW Project Tab: simpler to use and rich with new features
• Editable Colour Keys: add layers of meaning to audio and text
• Export As Album: instantly create resources to review on the go
• Sonocent Clear LectureTM: powerful noise cancellation and audio enhancement features
• Speak: integrated speech-to-text functionality
• Themes: customise the look and feel of the software for accessibility
• Transfer: transfer files from the Sonocent Recorder mobile app by wifi
• Audio Replace: replace your recording with a higher quality recording from an alternative source, while maintaining your annotations
• Voice Shift
• Screen Capture
• Easier access to Font options and lists
• Section Time Codes
• Speechmatics Transcription Import
• Quick entry of text from Audio Pane
Are you offering any training to support professionals?
Throughout January, we’re running a series of free training webinars on the Mac update for support professionals.
We are able to provide on-site training for groups of 5 or more. To discuss training requirements, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What training resources are available to students?
From the new Home Tab, your students can access:
• ‘How to’ videos
• An interactive tutorial
• Example files
• A comprehensive User Guide
• Links to social media, including our YouTube channel
Further questions about the Mac update?
Sonocent Audio Notetaker free trial
Select the Windows or Mac icon, enter your email address and click ‘Go’