Recording in Lectures: An Investigation into Audio Quality [NEW DSA WEBINAR SERIES]
What can DSA students do to ensure their lecture recordings are clear and intelligible? Does the hardware built into mobile devices offer good recording quality? Is there a case for recommending external microphones? How can students minimise the effects of background noise in lecture theatres?
During this 45-minute webinar, our DSA & Training Manager, Lucy Toffolo, will examine all these issues and offer practical advice on audio quality for DSA professionals. Throughout, she will refer to extensive research on audio quality carried out by the Sonocent R&D team in real-life lecture settings.
Lucy will also touch on the sophisticated in-built audio-processing technology developed for Sonocent Audio Notetaker for Windows and our newly-updated Sonocent Recorder app. This includes the Sonocent Clear Lecture™ audio enhancement suite which will be integrated with our forthcoming update for Windows.
Finally, she will provide details of new Sonocent product offerings for the DSA set for launch this Autumn. These will include a high quality directional microphone and battery pack, plus an enhanced Sonocent app that provides unlimited playback.
There will also be time for questions.
• Advice to give students on ensuring optimum quality lecture recordings
• The effects of mobile and laptop hardware on recording quality
• Pros and cons of external microphones
• How Sonocent technology significantly enhances audio quality on playback
• What is our Audio Replace tool and why does it offer students the best of both worlds: optimal audio quality and live annotation?
• What is included with the new Sonocent product offering for the DSA and how will it ensure students enjoy excellent audio however they prefer to record?
Lucy Toffolo joined Sonocent in June 2015 and has 8 years’ experience of working within the HE sector in the UK, Southern Europe and Scandinavia. She previously worked as a software demonstrator within the University of Leeds’ Centre for Applied Translation Studies and greatly admires all those working to support and train students on AT software.
• Tuesday 9th August at 3pm BST
• Thursday 18th August at 10am BST
• Tuesday 13th September at 12pm BST
To contact us, click here.
Latest EventsVIEW ALL
03rd April 2018 - 11:10 AMVIEW
CONFERENCE | Texas AHEAD 2018
26th March 2018 - 11:00 AMVIEW
CONFERENCE | Tennessee AHEAD 2018
22nd March 2018 - 10:57 AMVIEW
CONFERENCE | Illowa AHEAD 2018
19th March 2018 - 10:50 AMVIEW
CONFERENCE | CSUN 2018
08th March 2018 - 10:46 AMVIEW
WEBINAR | How the New Jersey Institute of Technology Replaced Peer Notetakers with Note-taking Tools
Sonocent Audio Notetaker free trial
Select the Windows or Mac icon, enter your email address and click ‘Go’